Join us on South Padre Island this Summer and participate in our Sand Castle Summer Contests!
Sandcastle Summer Contests Information:
1. Team size: minimum of 1; maximum of 6. Kids under the age of 12 MUST have at least one adult working with them…. family teams encouraged!
2. Contest Duration: You will have two hours to do your best work. Start and Finish times strictly enforced.
3. Subject Matter: sand castles are encouraged, but not mandatory. Please keep it clean and family-friendly.
4. Contest is limited to 8 teams. Registration starts at 12:30 and ends at 1, when the contest starts. Larger teams will take precedence over smaller teams.
5. When registering, you will be asked to identify a team captain. If you advance to the championship contest, the captain MUST be a member of the returning team.
6. Size: Each registered team will be given 4 stakes, a length of flagging tape and an identifying marker. Use the stakes and tape to define your plot.
7. Bring your own buckets, shovels etc. if you can. We will let you use ours on a first come, first served basis.
8. No artificial coloring or decorations allowed – just sand and water (but shells and seaweed are okay).
9. Be aware that the 1st Place prize will be island accommodations for your team the weekend of Aug. 23-25, when you will be expected to return to participate in the 1st SPI Open Championship. These room nights can be used ONLY for that weekend, and will not be honored on any other dates. If you win1st place and already know that you will not be able to come back that weekend, please let the organizers know and we will award those nights to either the 2nd or 3rd place team (and give you their prize.)
Amateur Championship – Sat., Aug. 24, 2013 at Clayton’s Beach Bar & Grill